|“||The Fetid King manifests as computer viruses that causes the game to glitch. This creature cannot be killed with anything other than Data Knife.||„|
|~ Trevor Henderson, explaining the creature|
The Fetid King is a unique creature in the Trevor Henderson Mythos. He is capable of behaving like computer viruses and immune to anything other than the Data Knife, making him a terrifying being to encounter.
The Fetid King depicts a thin human skeleton with a large spinal column and seventeen ribs in total, which is much less than an average human. Its face has a haunting expression, with its mouth agape and strangely enough, its open eyelids made of skull bone. The king also has a few thin strands of hair, which is unusual for a skeleton, since the hair is attached to the skin. He also appears to wear a wooden crown that ends in uneven spikes.
The Fetid King acts as some sort of computer virus. The first thing The Fetid King does when he accesses a device is to corrupt the device by making multiple versions of a picture, titled "kingbirth.jpg". When the file is reverse image searched on Google, the victim is met with ominous stuff, like the image guesser suggesting that the image is "the fetid king is coming soon."
After a while, the files get worse, showing a 3D effect to the pictures, and eventually a picture where the fetid king is looking at the camera shows up. After a while, the victim will get a message, which shows the words "all who dare profane the fetid king shall take his place" multiple times, with some other words like "he is coming now", and "he will be here soon", the latter can also come uo via converting the image into a txt. file.
Eventually, he will kill his victim. It is unknown on whenever The Fetid King kills either by exiting the device and kill the person, or use the device itself to somehow kill them.
He first appeared when the victim said that a picture was constantly duplicating on his computer. When he shared the image asking for help the image started to multiply across the internet. It is implied that the creature is a man eating monster that takes the form of a computer virus. Attempting to play a video game while The Fetid King still in the PC will be met with inevitable amount of game glitches, rendering it unplayable.
- It is the first known creature in the Trevor Henderson Mythos to reside in the digital world.
- In the second image of the creature where an eye is observed peaking out of it, there are randomly capitalized letters in the caption which spell "HAIL KING", which further backs up the possibility of it being a deity/king.
- When asked about The Fetid King's age, gender, and location, Trevor said that his age is “infinite”, his gender is simply "skeleton", and his location is “everywhere”.
- The age may mean that it is a timeless entity that has existed far longer than humans have, much like The Man With The Upside-Down Face.
- The location may imply that the creature is omniscient, though this may just mean that the Fetid King can be encountered anywhere with an internet connection.
- The creature is somehow related to holy chanting. It is possible that the chanting is heard whenever the creature is nearby.
- The Fetid King could possibly be an ancient deity worshipped by certain people.
- It is unknown who the king was when he was alive and what he ruled over.
- It is possible that he was never a king at all and simply wanted pose as one to be given respect and a false perception of power from his victims.
- It is unknown if the victim in the posts were meant to be Trevor himself or a different person telling their story.
- The latter is the most likely answer, as this is true for most of the captions of the creatures’ photos.