The God Of Roadkill is a grotesque and strange creature made by Trevor Henderson.
Estimated to be the size of a van or bigger, this very grotesque-looking being has a bird-like head with what looks to be a pointy beak and four eyes that look drawn. It’s body appears to have the same proportions as some sort of human-bird combination, and it also doesn't posses any any legs. The body is separated from the pelvis, the whereabouts of its lower half are currently unknown. It looks to have had it’s skin torn off, leaving bones and remnants of flesh.
In the photo, it seems to be in a pose that would suggest that it has to use its arms and hands to crawl across roads, fields, etc. In a sketch of The God Of Roadkill, it looks as if there are stitches from it’s "head" to its neck which may suggest that its head is a mask. This might explain why its eyes look almost drawn on.
The true purpose of it‘s existence is currently mostly unknown. All we know is that people that encounter The God Of Roadkill while driving will crash soon after, whether caused directly or indirectly by it. If the victim hasn’t already died from the crash, it’s large stature allows it to easily wretch them out of their vehicle and kill them or at least break their bones. It is currently not known how the creature appears on the road, whether simply wanders in, teleports or manifests. It is most likely targeting people who have run over animals while driving in the road. It also appears to always know whether or not a person has committed roadkill, meaning that it may have some kind of limited omniscience. And it is said that the god of roadkill is more of a benevolent creature only killing drivers who run over innocent animals
- It’s appearance and title as a “God” makes it seem that he is based on Ancient Egyptian Gods, who were also usually depicted as humanoids with animal heads or masks.
- It is the first creature by Trevor Henderson that is officially called a “God”.
- It’s drawn-on eyes resemble that of the Mannequins and The Cultists’
- Trevor has once stated that it is always sad and angry, presumably because of the constant cases of roadkill around the world.
- Some have speculated that it’s way of movement (Grinding and pulling itself on the pavement) represents the death of the small animals killed in roadkill.
- The background for the original image was also used for Mr.Mascot’s image.